My First Foray into Blogging


I have finally decided to break in to the Blogosphere.  I constantly come across situations where I'm still learning (after 25 years in this real estate business).  And I have always thought that I should write a book.  Instead of writing the book, I'll be writing a weekly blog.  I've just finished a day long class on marketing via Facebook, Trulia and Twitter.  So what better motivation?

To let you know a little about me, I live with my Labrador retriever, Duke, in and between my home at Gainesville, Georgia at Lake Lanier and a second home in Hiawassee, Georgia on the Hiwassee River.  My life partner and business partner, David Stovall, sells commercial real estate and he is also with The Norton Agency.  We are eagerly awaiting summer,  so that we can get out on both Lake Chatuge and Lake Lanier.  I love to waterski, but my favorite part of laking is just doing nothing.

As for what I'm working on now, I have an offer in on a Fannie Mae foreclosure in North Hall County (north of Gainesville).  This is often very frustrating to a buyer because it most often turns out to be a Multiple Offer situation, which is basically a bidding war.  Another unknown equally frustrating is how long it will take to get a response to any offer.  Fortunately, we received a counteroffer and there are no other offers in yet.  The house, newly listed and on the market for a little over a week, is on the market at $199,900.  Our offer went in at $190,000 and was countered at $197,000.  Buyers are countering at $195,000 and I think we'll be successful in getting it under contract.

One Shot Wonders - That is a term I've coined for what has happened to me twice this week.  In both instances, buyers' agents brought offers that came in about 10% below list price.  My sellers countered, and in both instances, the buyers walked.  Most sellers would find that unbelievable and not the norm.  If it had not happened to me twice this week, I would say the same thing.  And on the buyer side, I am currently working with buyers who just make a clean $300,000 offer on a $330,000 listing.  Can you believe the seller countered at $330,000?  Of course, we are going out looking again this weekend.

I'm leaving you with a photo that David took on Lake Chatuge one Sunday afternoon with his iPhone.  I have it saved as my wallpaper on my iPad so that I see it several times a day.

Comments

Popular Posts